Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: King's Arms Tavern

AV-99-11-00-R1.jpg
A postcard set titled "Greetings from Historic Williamsburg. A Collection of images from Colonial Williamsburg." The cover page includes the Governor's Palace, a view of the Palace gardens, and the interior of Bruton Parish Church. Page two has…

AV-2000-02-24-R.jpg
Postcard depicting the interior of King's Arms Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc., ca. 1950s.

The caption reads: "King's Arms Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia. Meals served in the seven dining rooms of the…

D2010-COPY-0106-1023.jpg
This view, looking south along Duke of Gloucester Street at Block 9, bordered by Blair and Botetourt Streets, shows a number of businesses and residences. Depicted are the Kerr House and Kitchen (now the Palmer House and Kitchen), Walthoe House,…

LC370P1.jpg
View of Alexander Purdie House from Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935. "The reconstructed Alexander Purdie House serves as the east wing of the King's Arms Tavern. In 1774, the Scottish-born Purdie founded the third of three Williamsburg newspapers…