Browse Items (65 total)

  • Tags: Oculus Windows

H168 Print Hol-234.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east façade of the Robert Carter House on Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H016 Print Hol-75.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church showing the south façade from Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H009 Print Hol-84.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Duke of Gloucester Street towards the Geddy House and Roscow Cole House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-4.jpg
Pre-restoration view of William Finnie House (formerly the James Semple House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Garr-004A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of the reconstructed colonial Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

Na1694.jpg
Firehouse, now demolished and once located on Merchants Square, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1930.

HLS-99.jpg
View of the House of Burgesses, Capitol, 1935. Located on the first floor (east wing) of the reconstructed Capitol building of 1705, this room served as a place for members of Virginia's House of Burgesses to assemble to discuss legislative issues.…

HLS-80.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House (formerly known as the James Semple House) taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He…

HLS-39.jpg
Front elevation of the Wren Building, College of William & Mary, with the Botetourt statue in the foreground, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial…

AVPC-004-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring an illustration of Bruton Parish Church created by Charles H. Overly. The artist worked on a contract basis for Colonial Williamsburg's Products Division and also produced a series…

AV-2003-06-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northwest exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The card pre-dates the 1939 restoration of the church which led to the removal of such features as the exterior window shutters and…

AV-99-26-02-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The photo depicts the church prior to the final phases of restoration work in 1939 that brought the exterior back to its 18th-century…

PSC-036.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a view looking towards the Speaker's Chair in the House of Burgesses, Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, ca. 1935. It is the thirty-sixth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now…

PSC-033.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of the Capitol taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the thirty-third slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…

PSC-017.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior elevation of William Finnie House, formerly known as Captain Orr's Dwelling, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the seventeenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los…

PSC-009.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the interior of the Wren Chapel taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the ninth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…

PSC-005.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photograph of the Botetourt Statue standing in front of the Wren Building on the College of William & Mary campus. It is the fifth in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

AVPC-93-093-R.jpg
Recto of postcard depicting General Court inside the Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY