Browse Items (41 total)

  • Tags: Palace Green

H174 Print Hol-229.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east elevation of the George Wythe House on the Palace Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1906.

H154 Print Hol-248.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking east along Nicholson Street from Palace Green towards the St. George Tucker House (left) and B.D. Peachy House (right), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H168 Print Hol-234.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the east façade of the Robert Carter House on Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H012 Print Hol-79.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northwest along Palace Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, with, left to right, the George Wythe House, the Presbyterian Church, the Robert Carter House and Williamsburg High School at far end where the Governor's Palace now…

H011 Print Hol-80.jpg
Pre-restoration view showing south end of Palace Green at intersection with Duke of Gloucester Street with the Confederate Monument still in place, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-101-2.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer…

D-101-1.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer standing).…

D-75.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking south down Palace Green along Dunmore Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Buildings pictured include, left to right: the Thomas Everard House, the Channing M. Hall House

D-19D.jpg
View along Palace Green looking towards the Channing M. Hall House, once located on the site of Block 29, Building 7, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The residence was demolished in the 1930s. A sign posted on a tree in the adjacent lot reads…

D-15A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the George Wythe House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-9.jpg
Front elevation of the George Wythe House looking south along Palace Green towards Bruton Parish Church. The photo shows the Wythe House after its first period of restoration under the direction of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, who resided in it during this…

D-8A.jpg
Front elevation of the George Wythe House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The photo shows the Wythe House after its first period of restoration under the direction of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, who resided in it during this era.
Dr. Goodwin added the…

Swem-54.jpg
Confederate Monument in its original location on Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia. Williamsburg High School is visible directly behind it on the site of the Governor's Palace.

Swem-15.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south and west facades of the James Geddy House at the corner of Palace Green and Duke of Gloucester Street in Williamsburg, Virginia.

Garr-016A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of the Governor's Palace viewed from Palace Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

Na1058.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Palace Green looking towards the George Wythe House (left) and Williamsburg Presbyterian Church (right),circa 1920's,

Na1043.jpg
The Bathurst-Peachy House being moved across Palace Green, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930. In the background, the old Williamsburg High School is shown prior to its demolition.

Na529.jpg
Mr. Vernon Geddy, a Williamsburg attorney, and his wife visit with Susan Higginson Nash on the Governor's Palace green, circa 1930s.

Na156.jpg
Williamsburg High School demolition seen from Palace Green with the Governor's Palace under reconstruction in the background, circa 1930's.