Browse Items (109 total)

  • Tags: Pediments

D-50.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Palace Green towards the Robert Carter House (formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-47.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side elevation of the Robert Carter House (formerly the Saunders Dinwiddie House), circa 1928.

D-46.jpg
Matthew Whaley School, once located on the site of the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928.

D-55.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-51.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Robert Carter House, formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-32.jpg
Pre-restoration view of northwest corner of Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928,

D-27.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Tayloe House, formerly known as the Elizabeth Coleman House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-25D.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the southeast elevation of the Grissell Hay Lodging House, formerly know as the Archibald Blair House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-24B.jpg
Pre-restoration of the Booker Tenement, formerly known as the Redwood Ordinary, and Lindsley House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-24.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ludwell-Paradise House, looking northeast, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-23B.jpg
Front and side elevation of Tazewell Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928, prior to its dismantling and move to Newport News, Virginia, in 1954.

D-22.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Benjamin Powell Office, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-21.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Dr. Barraud House, formerly known as the Ryland House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-19A.jpg
Side elevation of First Baptist Church when located on Market Square near the Powder Magazine, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. A sign posted on a tree reads "Powder Horn Built 1714 Admission 10 cents."

D-9.jpg
Front elevation of the George Wythe House looking south along Palace Green towards Bruton Parish Church. The photo shows the Wythe House after its first period of restoration under the direction of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin, who resided in it during this…

D-4.jpg
Pre-restoration view of William Finnie House (formerly the James Semple House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

AVPC-093-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring photo of the Carter-Saunders House (now known as the Robert Carter House.) Back of card reads: The Carter Saunders House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Erected early in the 18th century, this house was purchased by…

Swem-34.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the south façade of the the Grissell-Hay Lodging House (formerly the Archibald Blair House or Van Garrett Tenement,)

Swem-05.jpg
Pre-restoration view of south façade of the St. George Tucker House, Nicholson Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

Swem-32.jpg
Pre-restoration view of north façade of the Bracken Tenement, Williamsburg, Virginia.