Browse Items (63 total)

  • Tags: Porches

Garr-020A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of St. George Tucker House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

Na1745.jpg
Peter Powell house on York Road, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

Na1733.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the George Jackson House, 135 York Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's.

Na2375.jpg
Colonial Williamsburg's first interior decorator, Susan Higginson Nash leaning against a fence and talking to unidentified person behind Little England, Gloucester County, Virginia, 1930

HLS-95.jpg
View of brick path leading towards the Coke-Garrett House, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the house later became the home of the Garrett family in the nineteenth century. The garden…

HLS-90.jpg
Rows of tulips line a pathway in a garden behind a house and associated outbuilding in Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area, circa late 1930s.

HLS-89.jpg
Exterior of Market Square Tavern, 1935. A welcoming glow from the windows of Market Square Tavern offered visitors to 1930s Colonial Williamsburg the ambience of stepping back in time. Constructed in 1749 by John Dixon, the tavern was extensively…

HLS-88.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Market Square Tavern showing a number of the nineteenth-century additions to the structure that were later removed during its restoration in the early 1930s. They include the open and screened porches along the front and the…

HLS-80.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House (formerly known as the James Semple House) taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He…

HLS-69.jpg
Exterior view of the A & P Store (south side of Merchants Square), from the corner of Duke of Gloucester Street and North Henry Streets, 1935. The A&P Food Market, which was later converted into the Craft House, stands at the street corner. Next…

HLS-56.jpg
This view looking northeast at the St. George Tucker property shows one of the Historic Area's original eighteenth-century houses, when still occupied by descendants of the original builder. Later additions and outbuildings have been removed and…