Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Shops

D-45.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Prentis Store when it served as the Myers tire store, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

HLS-130.jpg
A costumed interpreter smokes a pipe outside the Prentis Shop during the period when it housed the Barber and Peruke Maker's Shop. The Ludwell-Paradise House is visible in the background.

HLS-44.jpg
Post-restoration view of the Bourbon House after being restored to its eighteenth-century appearance and re-named the Christopher Ayscough Shop.

Christopher Ayscough, the namesake of the shop, tried operating a tavern on the site between…

PSC-012.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the exterior of Ayscough Shop taken by F.S. Lincoln. It is the twelfth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin's…

PSC-011.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the Golden Ball Shop in the early 1930s when it was located in what is today the Margaret Hunter Shop. It is the eleventh slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now…

LC364P4.jpg
View of front elevation of Davidson Shop when it housed R.W. Mahone & Co. General Merchandise, 1935. Located on the north side of Duke of Gloucester Street, the building was reconstructed according to archaeological, architectural, and documentary…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2