Browse Items (205 total)

  • Tags: Shutters

Swem-36.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of the Lightfoot House (formerly the Allen-Byrd House or Coke House), Williamsburg, Virginia.

LC364P1.jpg
When Colonial Williamsburg first opened as a museum in the 1930s, Duke of Gloucester Street consisted of a combination of exhibition buildings and commercial establishments. Several grocers operated small food markets in restored or reconstructed…

Swem-07.jpg
Pre-restoration view of south and east facades of the Alexander Craig House (formerly the Vaiden House), Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia.

H239 Print Hol-118.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northeast across Duke of Gloucester Street towards the Alexander Craig House (formerly known as the Vaiden House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Further along the street is the Lee House, the Bryan House and E.M.…

LC370P1.jpg
View of Alexander Purdie House from Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935. "The reconstructed Alexander Purdie House serves as the east wing of the King's Arms Tavern. In 1774, the Scottish-born Purdie founded the third of three Williamsburg newspapers…

Na1706.jpg
View of Allard House before being demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

D-74.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Ayscough house, formerly known as the Bourbon house, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D2008-COPY-1014-1001.jpg
View of Ayscough Shop from Francis Street, 1933. The Ayscough Shop once housed the Forge and Wheel, a retail establishment, which sold decorative ironwork, pottery, and other items. Christopher Ayscough, the namesake of the shop, tried operating a…

LC365P1.jpg
View of Ayscough Shop and William Finnie House, looking south across Francis Street, 1935. The structure to the left is the Ayscough Shop, which housed the Forge and Wheel (a retail establishment) in 1935. The shop sold decorative ironwork, pottery,…

LC356P3.jpg
Entrance of the Ayscough Shop in 1935, when it housed the Forge and Wheel, a retail establishment. As noted on the sign, the shop sold decorative ironwork, pottery, and other items.

Christopher Ayscough, the namesake of the shop, tried operating…

PSC-012.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the exterior of Ayscough Shop taken by F.S. Lincoln. It is the twelfth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R. Goodwin's…

N580.jpg
View of the front elevation of the B.D. Peachy House located on Courthouse Green in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The house was later relocated in the 1930s as part of the restoration of Courthouse Green to its eighteenth-century appearance.

S597.jpg
Detail of exterior of Bacon's Castle, Surry County, Virginia, June, 1931.

D-32.jpg
Pre-restoration view of northwest corner of Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928,

H197 Print Hol-200.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H195 Print Hol-204+.jpg
Pre-restoration view of north and east elevations of Bassett Hall on Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

Swem-19.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the west façade of the Benjamin Powell House (formerly the Powell-Waller House), Williamsburg, Virginia

D-12.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Benjamin Powell House, formerly known as the Lane House and as the Powell-Waller House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-22.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Benjamin Powell Office, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H128 Print Hol-280.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the west and south elevations of the Benjamin Powell Office in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2