Browse Items (22 total)

  • Tags: Steeples

H016 Print Hol-75.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church showing the south façade from Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-37.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928.

D-30.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928,

D-10D.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church from across Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

AV-2003-06-22-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a view of the northwest elevation of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery. Published by the Albertype Company and sold by H.D. Cole in his shop on Duke of Gloucester Street, it is an example of a souvenir card…

AV-2003-06-25-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by H.D. Cole for The Albertype Co. which features the bell from the steeple of Bruton Parish Church.

According to the card's caption: "This bell...has rung out the years for more than a century and a half. It…

AV-2000-02-62-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by James E. Abbe that features an exterior view of Bruton Parish Church. The rear of the George Wythe House is visible in the background.

A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683…

AV-2000-2-63-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a color image of the southeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. A portion of the cemetery and churchyard are visible in the foreground.

According to the…

AVPC-004-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring an illustration of Bruton Parish Church created by Charles H. Overly. The artist worked on a contract basis for Colonial Williamsburg's Products Division and also produced a series…

AVPC-547-R.jpg
Recto of postcard illustrated with a view of the southeast elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Published by The H.D. Cole Shop in Williamsburg, the card does not include a caption.

In the era before Colonial Williamsburg operated official gift…

AV-2003-06-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northwest exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The card pre-dates the 1939 restoration of the church which led to the removal of such features as the exterior window shutters and…

AV-92-04-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a photo of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, NY produced some of the earliest official postcards for Colonial…

AVPC-427-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series of cards produced by the Albertype Company to promote Williamsburg as a tourist…

AV-99-26-02-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The photo depicts the church prior to the final phases of restoration work in 1939 that brought the exterior back to its 18th-century…

AV-2003-06-24-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series produced by the Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York, for Colonial Williamsburg, the card is an example of early efforts…

Bruton Parish
Lantern slide featuring a photo of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church as it appeared around 1935. It is the twenty-first slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of…

D2008-COPY-1014-1003.jpg
Exterior of the John Blair House, viewed from Duke of Gloucester Street, 1933. "The John Blair House and Kitchen on the north side of Duke of Gloucester Street was the home of a prominent family of Virginians. The Reverend James Blair (1655-1743),…

LC365P8.jpg
View across Palace Green of Bruton Parish Church, as seen from behind the front yard fence of the St. George Tucker House (on the corner of Nicholson Street and Palace Street), 1935.

LC365P9.jpg
View of Bruton Parish Church across Palace Green, from the corner of Nicholson Street and Palace Street, 1935.

A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683 until 1715, when the larger and more elaborate cruciform-style…

LC335P1.jpg
View of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683 until 1715, when the larger and more elaborate cruciform-style church replaced it. Located at the edge of…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2