Browse Items (57 total)

  • Tags: Street Scenes

D-45B.jpg
Bracken Tenement, formerly known as the Montague House, at corner of Francis and S. Queen Streets, looking west, circa 1928.

D-103.jpg
View from corner of Duke of Gloucester, Richmond, and Jamestown roads towards Brafferton Hall at the College of William and Mary, circa 1928. Sign on the shop on the far left of the photo reads "College Shop Luncheonette Student Supplies."

D-101-2.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer…

D-101-1.jpg
View looking down Palace Green towards Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928. Building pictured on the right are, left to right: George Wythe House, Presbyterian Church (no longer standing), and Calhoun House (no longer standing).…

D-99.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the intersection of Boundary Street and Richmond Road with the President's House at the College of William and Mary in the background, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-97.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking west on Duke of Gloucester Street towards Wetherburn's Tavern, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Other buildings pictured include the John Coke Office, Macon House, and Charlton House.

D-93.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Duke of Gloucester Street looking east on Block 22 near Henry Street, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928. Identifiable stores in the foreground include (left side) College Pharmacy, R.T. Casey & Sons General Merchandise and…

D-89.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking down Duke of Gloucester street towards the Market Square area, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Buildings pictured are, right to left: U.S. Post Office (formerly Williamsburg Methodist Church), the Peninsula Bank, the…

D-88.jpg
View of the Moseley House, Moseley outbuilding, Canady's Store and Crutchfield's Café, and a barber shop located on Block 10 on Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-87.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking down Duke of Gloucester Street towards the College of William and Mary, at the intersection with Nassau St., Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Shops on the right include New York Tailor and an Army Store.

D-86.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Block 13 looking east down Duke of Gloucester Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The Palace Theater is under demolition in the right foreground while the Courthouse is visible in the left background.

D-85.jpg
Pre-restoration street scene of the Raleigh Tavern site, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. The L.W. Lane, Jr. store stands on the exact site of the colonial tavern.

D-84.jpg
Pre-restoration view along Francis Street of the William Finnie House, also known as the James Semple House, and the Timberlake House, now demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-83.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking along Duke of Gloucester Street towards Bell's Hospital, Peninsula Garage, and Peninsula Bank, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-82.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking along Nicholson Street of the Lee Property, including the Donegan House, Pierce House, and E.M. Lee outbuilding, prior to their demolition, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-81-2.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Market Square area of Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. England Street, which once bisected Market Square, led towards the Courthouse and served as a municipal center with the City Hall, City Jail, and City Garage. The…

D-81-1.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Market Square area of Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. England Street, which once bisected Market Square, led towards the Courthouse and served as a municipal center with the City Hall, City Jail, and City Garage. The…

D-80A-2.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking up Duke of Gloucester Street from its west end at the College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-80A-1.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking down Duke of Gloucester Street from its west end at the College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-79.jpg
Pre-restoration view along Duke of Gloucester Street of the Maupin, Timberlake, and Fowler houses (Block 13, Buildings 26, 27, and 28), now demolished, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.