Browse Items (1138 total)

  • Tags: Virginia

AV-99-11-00-R1.jpg
A postcard set titled "Greetings from Historic Williamsburg. A Collection of images from Colonial Williamsburg." The cover page includes the Governor's Palace, a view of the Palace gardens, and the interior of Bruton Parish Church. Page two has…

AVPC-600-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of a carriage passing the front of the Peyton Randolph House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Back of card reads: "Home to one of colonial America's leading statesmen."

AVPC-589-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard with an illustration of costumed interpreters standing in front of the of the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia. Back of card reads: After 250 years, this "strong sweet Prison" remains grim evidence of crime and…

AV-99-24-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of a postcard featuring a pre-restoration photo of the Thomas Everard House when known as the Audrey House, Williamsburg, Virginia.

1981-1410.jpg
Prince Charles paid a visit to the College of William and Mary in May of 1981. During this visit, he made a quick detour and visited parts of Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area, including the Capitol and the Governor's Palace. Here, he is seen…

1951-W-1510.jpg
Given a moment of free time during their visit to Williamsburg, the Lord Mayor of London (Denys Lowson) and his wife (Patricia Lowson) chose to visit Jamestown Island on September 4, 1951. Here, they can be seen posing with the statue of Pocahontas.…

D-50.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking across Palace Green towards the Robert Carter House (formerly known as the Saunders-Dinwiddie House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-48.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Public Gaol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-47.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side elevation of the Robert Carter House (formerly the Saunders Dinwiddie House), circa 1928.

D-46.jpg
Matthew Whaley School, once located on the site of the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, Virginia, 1928.

D-45B.jpg
Bracken Tenement, formerly known as the Montague House, at corner of Francis and S. Queen Streets, looking west, circa 1928.

D-45A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the side and rear elevations of The Quarter, formerly known as the Emily Christian House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-7A.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Greenhow Brick Office, also known as the Debtor's Prison, circa 1928.

D-114.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-113.jpg
Pre-restoration view of front and side elevations of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-112.jpg
Pre-restoration view of rear elevation of the Orrell House, formerly known as the McCandlish House, Francis Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-111.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Orrell House, also known as the McCandlish House, located on Francis Street in Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-110.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Mayo House, also known as Boston House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

432035-1.jpg
Mrs. Wattles posing with a group affiliated with the Austrian United Nations Organization in front of the Capitol, 1949.

1967-597.jpg
Lassie rides in a carriage during her May 1966 tour to Williamsburg. She and her CBS film crew came to film the outdoor scenes of the third episode of "Lassie the Voyager." In this episode, she is put on trial for being a stray dog and is defended…