Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Weathervanes

D-3.jpg
Southeast elevation of the Courthouse, circa 1928, as it appeared after restoration in 1911. When a fire gutted the interior in 1911, four columns were installed to support the exterior portico.

Garr-004A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of the reconstructed colonial Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

HLS-115.jpg
Exterior of the Governor's Palace, north facade, viewed from behind the Palace, 1935. In the foreground, standing along the central path of the Palace's formal gardens, are three female costumed interpreters (once called "hostesses"), dressed in…

HLS-39.jpg
Front elevation of the Wren Building, College of William & Mary, with the Botetourt statue in the foreground, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial…

HLS-70.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Courthouse of 1770 taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original structures at Colonial Williamsburg, the Courthouse stood on this site from 1770 onwards but underwent a number of minor…

AV-2000-02-62-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard published by James E. Abbe that features an exterior view of Bruton Parish Church. The rear of the George Wythe House is visible in the background.

A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683…

AV-92-04-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a photo of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, NY produced some of the earliest official postcards for Colonial…

AV-99-26-02-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The photo depicts the church prior to the final phases of restoration work in 1939 that brought the exterior back to its 18th-century…

PSC-039.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring a photo of the northeast elevation of the Governor's Palace taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the thirty-ninth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

PSC-024.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Courthouse taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twenty-fourth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…

PSC-005.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photograph of the Botetourt Statue standing in front of the Wren Building on the College of William & Mary campus. It is the fifth in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

AV-2002-09-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

D2010-BTL-0322-1140.jpg
A prominent colonial building still standing in Williamsburg in 1875, the Courthouse had played a more recent role in the Civil War as a hospital and morgue after the Battle of Williamsburg. Portions of the interior received significant damage during…