Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: William Lightfoot House

H229 Print Hol-106.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking southwest of the north façade of the William Lightfoot House (formerly known as the Nightingale House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

H228 Print Hol-107.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking southeast of the intersection of Duke of Gloucester Street and Queen Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928. Past Queen Street, the first house is now the location of the Peter Hays Shop and next to that is the…

Swem-26.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the north façade of the William Lightfoot House (formerly Nightingale House), Williamsburg, Virginia. The Norfolk Café is visible to the left.

HLS-49.jpg
Post-restoration view of the William Lightfoot House, once known as the Nightingale House. Yorktown merchant William Lightfoot constructed the dwelling to serve as a town home during visits to Williamsburg to participate in the Governor's Council.…

HLS-45.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the William Lightfoot House, once known as the Nightingale House, 1929. Yorktown merchant William Lightfoot constructed the dwelling to serve as a town home during visits to Williamsburg to participate in the Governor's…

D2010-COPY-0106-1019.jpg
This view shows the properties located on the south side of Duke of Gloucester Street in blocks 10 and 11 between Botetourt and Queen Streets. Dr. Carter's Brick House (now the Brick House Tavern) is depicted at the far left. To the right of the…

LC446P1.jpg
Exterior of the William Lightfoot House, viewed from Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935. "The William Lightfoot House and Kitchen on the south side of the street belonged to a Yorktown merchant whose business apparently brought him to Williamsburg so…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2