Browse Items (98 total)

  • Tags: Gates

HLS-17.jpg
Exterior elevation of Westover Plantation, Charles City County, Virginia, as viewed from the James River.

HLS-27.jpg
Wrought iron gate with ball and chain weight on Windsor Castle grounds,

HLS-30.jpg
A man examines a gate opening onto a brick pathway leading towards a house in Amersham, England.

HLS-141.jpg
View of the east end of the Coke-Garrett House, once known as the Lottie Garrett House. The western portion served as the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, while the central Greek Revival style portion was constructed in the…

HLS-54.jpg
View of the front elevation of the Ludwell-Paradise House as featured on a lantern slide produced by A.D. Handy Co. One of the eighty-eight original eighteenth-century buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the house played an important role in the…

HLS-36.jpg
Roses blooming within a walled garden at an unidentified country house in the village of Westbury-on-Severn, Gloucestershire, England.

HLS-136.jpg
Boxwood hedges and flowering trees accent a walled garden within the grounds of the Governor's Palace, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930s.

AV-2002-09-05-R.jpg
Recto and verso of Colonial Williamsburg postcard published by The Albertype Co. in the 1930s. It features a horse-drawn carriage positioned in front of the entrance gate of the Governor's Palace. The east Advance Building is visible in the…

AV-2003-06-24-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series produced by the Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York, for Colonial Williamsburg, the card is an example of early efforts…

AV-2000-10-05-R.jpg
Exterior of the Coke-Garrett House, view looking northwest. Once the eighteenth-century residence of silversmith John Coke, the structure later became the home of the Garrett family. The Garretts added the central Greek Revival-style portion to the…

AVPC-424-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring an illustration of the Powder Magazine and Guardhouse drawn by Charles H. Overly.

The caption reads: "In colonial times, the Magazine housed arms for the defense of Virginia. This building and the…

AV-2002-09-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

AVPC-070-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a photo of the George Wythe House as viewed from Palace Green, circa late 1930s.

The caption reads: "Erected in 1755, this house was willed to George Wythe in 1775. Wythe…

D-20.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the front elevation of the Nelson-Galt House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

D-23.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the northwest elevation of The Quarter, formerly known as the Emily Christian House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

D-27.jpg
Pre-restoration view of the Tayloe House, formerly known as the Elizabeth Coleman House, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1929.

Garr-023B.jpg
Palmer House garden and stable, ca. 1937. At the time this photo was taken, the stable stood on the Palmer property, but was later moved to the Nelson Galt House.

Garr-016A.jpg
Hand-colored photograph of the Governor's Palace viewed from Palace Street, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1930's

LC327P41.jpg
Exterior of Governor's Palace, view from the northeast, 1935. This image of the Governor's Palace, shown as it was first reconstructed, includes features and details that changed with later research and investigation. Wrought-iron gates and the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2