Browse Items (96 total)

  • Tags: Postcards

AV-2015-02-20-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a photo of a costumed interpreter pausing just inside the door of the stair passage of the Peyton Randolph House.

The caption reads: "Elegant and spacious, this stair passage,…

AVPC-646-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a photo of the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Museum, Williamsburg, Virginia. Back of card reads: "This building houses the comprehensive collection of American folk art, assembled by the late Mrs. John D.…

AV-96-16-20-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard produced by the Collotype Co. illustrated with a photo of a Colonial Williamsburg cabinetmaker at work in Anthony Hay's Cabinetmaking Shop.

AV-99-24-03-R.jpg
Recto and verso of a postcard featuring a pre-restoration photo of the Thomas Everard House when known as the Audrey House, Williamsburg, Virginia.

AVPC-253-R.jpg
Recto of an official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a view looking down from the Governor's Palace cupola on the formal garden behind the Ballroom Wing.

The card offers a view of the formal gardens behind the Governor's Palace,…

AV-2000-02-27-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a costumed interpreter smoking a pipe outside the Prentis Store when it housed the Barber and Peruke Maker's Shop, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc., ca. 1947.

Caption reads: "Originally an apothecary shop in the early…

AV-2001-09-01 R.jpg
Postcard featuring the North elevation of Bassett Hall published by The Williamsburg Drug Co. in association with The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY.

The caption reads: "Bassett Hall, Williamsburg, Va. Built about 1765. Residence of the Hon. Burwell…

AV-2001-09-05-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a bedroom at the Richard Bland Tavern published by The Collotype Co.

Early visitors to Colonial Williamsburg could dine, lodge, and purchase souvenirs and antiques at the Richard Bland Tavern. This postcard …

AV-97-05-04-R.jpg
Part of the Albertype Company series, this postcard depicts the John Blair House on Duke of Gloucester Street soon after its restoration to its eighteenth-century appearance.

The card's caption reads: "Throughout the eighteenth century this…

AVPC-096-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a scene from the orientation film "Williamsburg, The Story of a Patriot."

The caption reads: "This scene from the Paramount-Colonial Williamsburg film "Williamsburg - The Story…

AVPC-007-R.jpg
Postcard featuring a photo of the Brush-Everard House (now known as the Thomas Everard House) during a winter snow storm. Back of card reads: The Brush-Everard House, Williamsburg, Virginia. Built by gunsmith John Brush in 1717, this modest…

AV-2003-06-24-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series produced by the Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York, for Colonial Williamsburg, the card is an example of early efforts…

AV-92-04-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a photo of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, NY produced some of the earliest official postcards for Colonial…

AV-2003-06-22-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a view of the northwest elevation of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery. Published by the Albertype Company and sold by H.D. Cole in his shop on Duke of Gloucester Street, it is an example of a souvenir card…

AVPC-93-086-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard produced by The Albertype Company that features a view looking from the rear balcony down the nave of Bruton Parish Church towards the altar. The sanctuary retains the appearance that resulted from architect J. Stewart…

AVPC-555-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard depicting the interior of Bruton Parish Church published by the Albertype Company and distributed by H.D. Cole. View looking from the rear balcony down the nave of Bruton Parish Church towards the altar. The sanctuary…

AV-2003-06-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northwest exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The card pre-dates the 1939 restoration of the church which led to the removal of such features as the exterior window shutters and…

AV-2003-06-21-R.jpg
Recto and verso of early Divided Back postcard published by Williamsburg resident Henry Dennison Cole and sold at his shop on Duke of Gloucester Street. It features a view of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church from the cemetery. The shutters on…

AV-99-26-02-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The photo depicts the church prior to the final phases of restoration work in 1939 that brought the exterior back to its 18th-century…

AVPC-547-R.jpg
Recto of postcard illustrated with a view of the southeast elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Published by The H.D. Cole Shop in Williamsburg, the card does not include a caption.

In the era before Colonial Williamsburg operated official gift…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2