Browse Items (54 total)

  • Tags: Bull's-Eye Windows

D-4.jpg
Pre-restoration view of William Finnie House (formerly the James Semple House), Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

HLS-80.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House (formerly known as the James Semple House) taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He…

HLS-39.jpg
Front elevation of the Wren Building, College of William & Mary, with the Botetourt statue in the foreground, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial…

HLS-42.jpg
Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. A series of fires in 1705, 1859, and 1862 damaged parts of the structure but never completely destroyed exterior walls.

When the wing…

HLS-41.jpg
View looking towards the fireplace in the Great Hall of the Wren Building, College of William and Mary. During the colonial era, the room served as a dining area for professors and students to gather for common meals. Members of the House of…

HLS-38.jpg
Exterior view of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. One of the oldest academic structures in the United States, the…

PSC-036.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a view looking towards the Speaker's Chair in the House of Burgesses, Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, ca. 1935. It is the thirty-sixth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now…

PSC-033.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of the Capitol taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the thirty-third slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…

PSC-017.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of exterior elevation of William Finnie House, formerly known as Captain Orr's Dwelling, taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the seventeenth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los…

PSC-005.jpg
Lantern slide featuring a photograph of the Botetourt Statue standing in front of the Wren Building on the College of William & Mary campus. It is the fifth in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

AVPC-93-093-R.jpg
Recto of postcard depicting General Court inside the Capitol, Williamsburg, Virginia, published by Colonial Williamsburg, Inc. and printed by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY

D2008-COPY-1014-1067.jpg
Exterior view of the entrance to the Great Hall of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary, 1933. Professors and students gathered in the Great Hall at long tables and benches to dine and converse during the colonial era. The room also…

D2008-COPY-1014-1065.jpg
Exterior view of the west elevation of the Wren Building at the College of William and Mary, 1933. Begun in 1695, the construction of the Wren Building marked the birth of an academic center in colonial Virginia. One of the oldest academic structures…

D2008-COPY-1014-1012.jpg
Exterior of the Capitol building, south facade, viewed from the southwest, 1933. The brick wall and southern entry gate are in the foreground, and in the background, the royal coat of arms is visible on the cupola above the entrance to the building.…

LC357P1.jpg
View from Francis Street looking towards the William Finnie House. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early 1780s and held the…

LC357P3.jpg
Two costumed hostesses stand at the gate of the William Finnie House in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early 1780s and…

LC357P4.jpg
View of the front elevation of the William Finnie House taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early…

LC357P5.jpg
View from Francis Street looking towards the William Finnie House. 1935. One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the Finnie House is named after William Finnie. He resided in the home in the 1770s and early 1780s and held…

LC357P6.jpg
View from the Ayscough property looking across Francis Street towards the William Finnie House. The Ayscough Shop's "Forge and Wheel" sign is visible in the foreground.

One of the eighty-eight original buildings at Colonial Williamsburg, the…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2