Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Hitching Rails

HLS-84.jpg
Entrance detail of the Raleigh Tavern's southern facade, viewed from the southwest along Duke of Gloucester Street, 1935. The tavern's signboard and a fence stand in the foreground, while the front entrance of the building is visible in the…

HLS-61.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide illustrated with a photo of a view looking down Duke of Gloucester Street past the Travis House restaurant. Taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935, the photo served as one of the earliest promotional images for the newly opened…

HLS-70.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Courthouse of 1770 taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original structures at Colonial Williamsburg, the Courthouse stood on this site from 1770 onwards but underwent a number of minor…

AVPC-004-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring an illustration of Bruton Parish Church created by Charles H. Overly. The artist worked on a contract basis for Colonial Williamsburg's Products Division and also produced a series…

PSC-025.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of front entrance and sign of the Raleigh Tavern taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twenty-fifth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to…

PSC-024.jpg
Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Courthouse taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. It is the twenty-fourth slide in a set produced by the Pacific Stereopticon Co. of Los Angeles, California, now defunct, to illustrate the story of Dr. W.A.R.…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2