OId Courthouse, Williamsburg, Va.

Dublin Core

Title

OId Courthouse, Williamsburg, Va.

Subject

Courthouse (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 19. Building 03.
Public buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Lantern Slides - Hand-colored - 1930-1940

Description

Hand-colored lantern slide featuring photo of Courthouse of 1770 taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. One of the eighty-eight original structures at Colonial Williamsburg, the Courthouse stood on this site from 1770 onwards but underwent a number of minor modifications in the nineteenth-century. It was restored to its colonial appearance and opened as an exhibition building in the early 1930s. The Restoration Archaeological Exhibit housed inside offered early museum visitors an opportunity to learn about eighteenth-century artifacts uncovered by archaeologists working in tandem with architectural historians.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Publisher

A.D. Handy Co.

Date

1935

Is Part Of

Peter Hornbeck Lantern Slide Collection, AV-2000.9 , Box 2

Format

jpeg

Extent

1 item

Type

Image

Identifier

HLS-70

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Lantern slide

Physical Dimensions

3.25 x 4 inches

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “OId Courthouse, Williamsburg, Va.,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed August 10, 2022, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/1081.