Market Square Tavern, Stable Yard

Dublin Core

Title

Market Square Tavern, Stable Yard

Subject

Market Square Tavern (Williamsburg, Va.)
Block 12. Building 13.
Historic buildings - Virginia - Williamsburg
Taverns (Inns) - Virginia - Williamsburg

Description

Exterior view of Market Square Tavern Stable Yard taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. Constructed in 1749 by John Dixon, the tavern was extensively modified in the late nineteenth century and restored in the early 1930s. It has continuously provided accommodations for visitors to Williamsburg for several centuries.

Creator

Lincoln, F.S.

Date

1935

Date Created

1935

Rights

This material is protected by copyright law (Title 17, U.S. Code). For reproduction queries: Rights and reproductions

Format

jpeg

Type

Image

Identifier

LC328P8

Rights Holder

Special Collections, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Gelatin or collodian printing out paper with platinum toning, mounted on board

Physical Dimensions

8x10 inches

Citation

Lincoln, F.S., “Market Square Tavern, Stable Yard,” John D. Rockefeller Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, accessed December 3, 2021, https://rocklib.omeka.net/items/show/197.