Browse Items (20 total)

  • Tags: Towers

Cole-062 w.jpg
View looking northeast down Duke of Gloucester Street towards Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia

Cole-063 w.jpg
View looking southwest across Palace Green towards Bruton Parish Church

Cole-061 w.jpg
View looking northwest across Duke of Gloucester Street towards Bruton Parish Church

Cole-060 w.jpg
View looking West down Palace Green towards Bruton Parish Church

1975-NJI-409.jpg
Pre-restoration view looking northwest along Duke of Gloucester Street towards Bruton Parish Church

D-37.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery, Williamsburg, Virginia circa 1928.

D-30.jpg
Pre-restoration view of Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928,

D-17A.jpg
Williamsburg Methodist Church, located on Merchants Square at the corner of Duke of Gloucester and North Boundary streets, Williamsburg, Virginia, circa 1928.

AV-2003-06-21-R.jpg
Recto and verso of early Divided Back postcard published by Williamsburg resident Henry Dennison Cole and sold at his shop on Duke of Gloucester Street. It features a view of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church from the cemetery. The shutters on…

AV-2003-06-22-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard featuring a view of the northwest elevation of Bruton Parish Church and its cemetery. Published by the Albertype Company and sold by H.D. Cole in his shop on Duke of Gloucester Street, it is an example of a souvenir card…

AV-2000-2-63-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a color image of the southeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. A portion of the cemetery and churchyard are visible in the foreground.

According to the…

AVPC-004-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring an illustration of Bruton Parish Church created by Charles H. Overly. The artist worked on a contract basis for Colonial Williamsburg's Products Division and also produced a series…

AVPC-547-R.jpg
Recto of postcard illustrated with a view of the southeast elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Published by The H.D. Cole Shop in Williamsburg, the card does not include a caption.

In the era before Colonial Williamsburg operated official gift…

AV-2003-06-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northwest exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The card pre-dates the 1939 restoration of the church which led to the removal of such features as the exterior window shutters and…

AV-92-04-16-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard official Colonial Williamsburg postcard featuring a photo of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, NY produced some of the earliest official postcards for Colonial…

AVPC-427-R.jpg
Recto and verso of official Colonial Williamsburg postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series of cards produced by the Albertype Company to promote Williamsburg as a tourist…

AV-99-26-02-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. The photo depicts the church prior to the final phases of restoration work in 1939 that brought the exterior back to its 18th-century…

AV-2003-06-24-R.jpg
Recto and verso of postcard illustrated with a view of the northeast exterior elevation of Bruton Parish Church. Part of a series produced by the Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York, for Colonial Williamsburg, the card is an example of early efforts…

LC335P1.jpg
View of the exterior of Bruton Parish Church taken by F.S. Lincoln in 1935. A smaller seventeenth-century structure stood on the site from 1683 until 1715, when the larger and more elaborate cruciform-style church replaced it. Located at the edge of…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2