President's House, College of William and Mary
Exterior of the President's House at the College of William and Mary, view from the courtyard, 1935. "Built in 1732-1733, the President's House has been the residence of every president of the College of William and Mary save one...During the last stages of the Revolution, British General Cornwallis used the house briefly as his headquarters. French officers serving under General Rochambeau occupied the house for a short time after the siege of Yorktown..."
(Source: Michael Olmert and Suzanne Coffman, Official Guide to Colonial Williamsburg [Williamsburg, VA: The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, 2007], 109).